CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Mammoth Zucchini!

My neighbor gave us lots of zucchini and squash yesterday. She has more than she knows what to do with from her garden!!! I thought, "why aren't we getting all that?" Well, her garden is twice as big (maybe we'll expand next year...) and she probably checks her garden everyday. I have to admit that since it has gotten hot, that garden is on its own!!! We do water it everyday but the sprinkler is in place and we don't even have to walk back there to turn the water on. So today I went to check the garden out and boy oh boy, check out what I found.....

That is one big zucchini. I may not have A LOT of them but one of ours is like 4 or 5 put together!! I passed that big boy on to Carla for her family. She is going to make zucchini bread. Yummy!!! I hope she shares!!

Here is all that we were able to pull out of the garden today....


We are so excited to the see the "fruits of our labor"!!! I have a Garden Vegetable Pasta dish I am going to try out from a Pampered Chef recipe book. It includes all of our garden veggies we are getting right now. I wish our pepper plants would have come up because I just about cried yesterday when I had to pay $1.78 for a red pepper!!!!! Ouch.

1 comments:

Amy and Josh said...

So with the Mammoth Zucchini, Carla ate some, made a DELICIOUS zucchini bread and gave some to her mom. Share the love!!!