CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Conference Weekend

We had a wonderful General Conference weekend at our house AND I have discovered yet another reason why I LOVE our new playroom!!!! We decided to put up a "conference tent" for the kids to watch conference. We put it in the playroom. We explained to the kids that in the Book of Mormon, King Benjamin taught his people from a tower so everyone could hear. The people gathered around the tent with their families and put up tents with the door facing the tower to hear King Benjamin. Josh put the tent door facing the tv so they could hear the prophet (and other church leaders') words. They also had little "conference packets" with mazes, bingo, connect the dot, fill in the blank, etc. And their favorite tradition we have is the little bowl of candy we pass around.
Today was especially fun because our friends, the Millers, came over to enjoy conference with us. Amazingly, they were all quiet enough to hear and listen to most of the talks. I wish I would have remembered to get a picture of them all in the tent. Very fun!!! Josh and I were able to watch conference in peace and quiet in the living room while the kids did their conference activities in the playroom! It was great!! I love that room!

We look forward to doing this fun family tradition again next April!!!




2 comments:

Allison said...

Wow, that is such a great idea! I might use it one of these years. :o)

The Airharts said...

Fantastic idea! I seriously love it...much better then my mom forcing us to sit silently on the couch for hours!