CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 13, 2008

Jamie has been taking piano lessons for over 3 years now. This is a video of her playing "Jamie's Song" written for her when she was a baby by her daddy. And then she plays some of her songs she is working on for piano lessons. She has a great piano teacher and she does a very nice recital each Spring. The first year Jamie took lessons she received a trophy for her amazing work for a first year student. I really hope she continues to enjoy it and sticks with it. I would love for her to be able to play for church. We need piano players so bad! You know we are hard pressed for players when anyone looks at me and asks if I will play the piano. This is one of the many things I wished I would have learned when I was a child. My mom tried (because she plays so well) but I resisted. Sometimes there are tears because Jamie has to practice the piano instead of going outside to play but I hope she will thank me one day! Go Jamie!

4 comments:

Nessa and Jeebs said...

Yes Jamie- please stick to it- then you'll be one of the few, the overworked, the PIANO PLAYERS. There's always a need at church!! Sounds great!!

The Airharts said...

Wow Amy, What a blogger! I am ompressed with all of the posts!! Jamie the Piano playing will be worth it in the end! Oh ans PS-that really is a creepy picture of blake-I thought for sure he had been knocked out or something(I guess who knows-mybe he was)

contempoxian said...

So when I was in high school, I had a great BFF named Amy. we kinda lost touch. Or totally lost touch. But I have of course thought of her frequently and fondly through the years. Well, last night I had a random dream that I ran into her and I decided to google search her. And...ding, ding, ding, ding, ding...I found her!!!
Sadly, I don't know of any other way to contact you than by commenting on this post...I'd love to talk to you. I'm at clbarker1@gmail.com (hardly ever check) or at yahoo.com (check frequently)....
if you ever see this comment...
Much love always.

The Larsen Family said...

Very good Jamie. FYI we changed our blog address to larsengregandbrooke.blogspot.com